In the Beginning
So I finally decided to start my own blog. Don't know how far I'll go with it, but hey its worth giving a shot. A lot has been going on the past few weeks, so bear with me if I ramble.
Right after Graduation two weeks ago, I began the process of moving my life from San Diego back to Palo Alto. Its been a rough move to say the least. For one, I didn't really have a choice in the matter, as my dad is forcing my mom to sell our house and she needs my help, and secondly, while I love my mother very dearly, we don't exactly have the most compatiable personalities. We keep having our clashes, but I feel like things are at least starting to settle down, and I'm getting used to living in Northern California again.
Last week I was able to head down to San Diego for a few days, to pack up the rest of my stuff and relax a little. Got to spend a little time with Rachel, a couple of my fraternity brothers, and my friend Brian.
As he was heading up this way anyway, Brian ended up catching a ride with me back up to the Bay Area on Friday, which was a really pleasant relief from doing that long haul alone. I can't say I've ever been so entertained on so long a drive. (Note to self for future roadtrips)
Saturday morning I met up with Brian and his roommates to head up to SF for Pride. As soon as we got off the BART at Civic Center, it was like WHAM!...Pride flags everywhere, queens as far as the eye could see, and more leather than you could shake a stick at. In other words it was a Gay Wonderland. Other than the sights, not much was going on during the day, so we headed back home for a breather in the afternoon, then drove back Saturday night expecting to pay a $20 cover at some half decent bar. We get to the Castro to find a 50,000 person street party with a $2 cover. Not only that, but I think it has to have been one of the best parties I've ever been too. We must have spent half the night just staring at all the eye candy. We headed back around 3am, only to head back at 8am for the Parade. Honestly, I was expecting a bunch of marching activists, a bunch of freaks that always come out of the woodwork in SF, and a few decent floats. To make a long description short, what we got was much much more. Incredible floats, 5000 proud married gay couples, more drag queens than I've ever seen in my life, dykes on bikes, mardi gras dancers, the Mayor, etc etc.
Sunday evening we all parted company, Brian and his roommates heading back to San Diego, me back to working on packing up our house in Palo Alto. Kind of a tough goodbye for me, because who knows when I'll see them again, but it was definately a great weekend.
That's pretty much it for now. I'm sure I've forgotten something and will just post it later. Anyway, to bed.
Right after Graduation two weeks ago, I began the process of moving my life from San Diego back to Palo Alto. Its been a rough move to say the least. For one, I didn't really have a choice in the matter, as my dad is forcing my mom to sell our house and she needs my help, and secondly, while I love my mother very dearly, we don't exactly have the most compatiable personalities. We keep having our clashes, but I feel like things are at least starting to settle down, and I'm getting used to living in Northern California again.
Last week I was able to head down to San Diego for a few days, to pack up the rest of my stuff and relax a little. Got to spend a little time with Rachel, a couple of my fraternity brothers, and my friend Brian.
As he was heading up this way anyway, Brian ended up catching a ride with me back up to the Bay Area on Friday, which was a really pleasant relief from doing that long haul alone. I can't say I've ever been so entertained on so long a drive. (Note to self for future roadtrips)
Saturday morning I met up with Brian and his roommates to head up to SF for Pride. As soon as we got off the BART at Civic Center, it was like WHAM!...Pride flags everywhere, queens as far as the eye could see, and more leather than you could shake a stick at. In other words it was a Gay Wonderland. Other than the sights, not much was going on during the day, so we headed back home for a breather in the afternoon, then drove back Saturday night expecting to pay a $20 cover at some half decent bar. We get to the Castro to find a 50,000 person street party with a $2 cover. Not only that, but I think it has to have been one of the best parties I've ever been too. We must have spent half the night just staring at all the eye candy. We headed back around 3am, only to head back at 8am for the Parade. Honestly, I was expecting a bunch of marching activists, a bunch of freaks that always come out of the woodwork in SF, and a few decent floats. To make a long description short, what we got was much much more. Incredible floats, 5000 proud married gay couples, more drag queens than I've ever seen in my life, dykes on bikes, mardi gras dancers, the Mayor, etc etc.
Sunday evening we all parted company, Brian and his roommates heading back to San Diego, me back to working on packing up our house in Palo Alto. Kind of a tough goodbye for me, because who knows when I'll see them again, but it was definately a great weekend.
That's pretty much it for now. I'm sure I've forgotten something and will just post it later. Anyway, to bed.


<< Home