Life & Times of Samson

Life & Times of a 23 yr old Engineer trying not to be a stereotypical engineer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Redwood City, California, United States

28 engineer living with my partner in Redwood City.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

AHH!!

Those of you who know me well, know that it takes an awful lot to get me really angry. Its a rare occasion that I lose control over myself, but god help you when I do.

Today was one of those times. Just after going over to my friend matt's place for a leisurly afternoon, I got a frantic call from my mom. One of our sweetest cats had been missing for the past day, and midafternoon my mom discovered that our neighbor across the street, one Cherie Mckinney (who is one hell of a c*nt), trapped our cat in a cage and left him there for a day. I can't remember the last time I'd been so angry. After rushing home and talking to my mom and the animal control officer who had come to retrieve our cat (Cherie told the officer it was a stray that had been bothering them), we discovered we had no means of recourse. Apparently you have the perfect right to trap an animal in your yard, and all we could do was "bail" our cat out by paying a "retrieval fee". This neighbor is the same one that routinely lugs lemons at our cats, even when they're on our property. Their excuse is that they don't like our cats going onto their property. Nevermind the fact their yard is a mess and breeding ground for rats and mice, which attracts cats. I can't describe how disgusted I am with this bitch. I'll admit, I started to lose control, but thanks to matt I didn't anything more than exchange some choice words with her.

After regaining some sense, I know its not a good idea to get into a feud with this neighbor, and I won't, unless they exacerbate the situation. One more lemon, and I'm calling the cops. But I just can't understand how some people can be so cruel to animals. We're talking about cats here. What are we supposed to do, train them to not go into this bitche's yard? I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, as these are the same cruel neighbors who keep their cats outside 24/7, even when they're sick or injured.

Other than that, things are going ok, just really needed to vent.

Cheers.