Life & Times of Samson

Life & Times of a 23 yr old Engineer trying not to be a stereotypical engineer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Redwood City, California, United States

28 engineer living with my partner in Redwood City.

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Back in SD

Life's been a bit crazy the past week. Back in San Diego now, started to get settled back into a school schedule. Found a place to live in Mira Mesa and moving next weekend; the roommates seem pretty cool, rent is reasonable, and did I mention the 50" HDTV Plasma TV? Justin and his mom have been awesome, they're letting me stay with them till I'm able to move into my new place; its made coming back down a lot less stressful, and I couldn't be more grateful of having such a good friend.

Really feeling like I'm in a transitory period in my life right now. Things that used to make up such a large part of my life seem less critical now, a lot of friendships seem to be shifting both ways, and I'm not really fighting it and I don't know why. I've been feeling relatively indifferent about my involvement in Jewish spirtuality, but have become more empassioned about my cultural identity and politics; perhaps my identity in general. Overlaying it all, I think..and hope, the Kevin people see and know, is starting to better reflect who I actually am. That may not make much sense, but for a long time I've felt to some degree that the person I present to the world lost something in the translation from who I think I am. I'll leave it at that, or it'll just become more confusing. If you're really curious, just ask me, much easier to explain than try to write down.

Hopefully I can get through this without too many things and people I care about getting left in the dust; but then as H.H. Riley said, All good things must come to an end.

Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget
falls drop by drop upon the heart,
until in our own despair, against our will,
comes wisdom through the awful grace of God.

-Aeschylus via Robert F. Kennedy